You can contac tourism offices of LA PORTE DU HAINAUT , VALENCIENNES , ROUBAIX , LE CAMBRESIS and SAINT QUENTIN
See also Gites de France here
Open to all types of bike : road bike, montain bike, gravel, cyclocross,...
PARIS-ROUBAIX CYCLOTOURISME is a hike but it is not a walk in the park , the route is challenging especially if the weather is bad.
Be sufficiently trained: 210 km, 170 km ... this is long way ... very long ...
Do not abuse your confidence and abilities; choose the appropriate distance. Don't leave too quickly. Save yourself. The objective is to arrive, not to “make a time”!
Some tips to make this hike go as smoothly as possible :
On paved areas :
- - Adopt a fast pace upon entering the sector and maintain it to counter the resistance created by the unevenness of the roadway
- - Favor the middle of the road
- - Look well ahead to anticipate your trajectory and avoid holes and other deformations in the road, as cyclists progress more slowly.
- - Choose reliable and comfortable wheels
- - Do not hesitate to use tires with a section of 28 or even 32 mm
- - Adapt the tire pressure to the weather conditions
- - If necessary, double the handlebar tape to better absorb vibrations
- - Use mountain bike gloves that protect the palm.
- - Use bottle holders to prevent accidental ejection of the bottle
- - Bring spare inner tubes and a repair kit. Small repair stands are provided at each reception point, you still need to reach them
- - Check your equipment before departure and check all tightening
Nutrition et hydration :
- - Hydrate regularly between refreshments
- - Provide energy foods in case of urgent need.